Education minister Shafqat Mehmood announces that all board exams cancelled. Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood has said that there will be no board examinations from class IX to XII. They will be promoted based on previous results.
According to details, after the meeting of the Economic Coordination Committee, Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mehmood while giving a media briefing said that schools and educational institutions will remain closed till July 15. All board exams cancelled and promotion will take place.
Shafqat Mahmood said that promotion would be based on the results of last year while admission in universities would be based on the results of 11th class.
Earlier, a meeting of the National Coordinating Committee chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan decided that educational institutions would remain closed till July 15, while trains and flights would also remain closed and a decision on domestic air travel and railways would be taken later.
It may be recalled that the meeting of the heads of education boards of Sindh ended a few months ago without any result. The heads of the boards had demanded the Education Minister to convene a meeting of the steering committee of the education department soon.
It was also decided that the Sindh Board of Education would meet again on May 15.
Also Read Top News of Today: